11.3.09

changes




when i left for KL 5 months ago (for my Pre-Grad dinner, Professional Project final presentation, final exam, etc), i didn't expect to arrive in Kuching last Saturday to see changes so great. well, great is obviously an understatement for Kuchingites but not many people know that i don't have the privilege to jet-set to and fro Kuching every now and then. yes, even if you board AirAsia, that's considered jet-setting too.

i didn't even set a date for this return when i left on the end of the first week of Syawal. i had missed lots of events here (my aunt's death, for instance) but i guess there were reasons why. contrary to popular belief, i am never good at multitasking. you might get what seems to be my full concentration but of course, my mind would be elsewhere...like wandering with a map in hand but end up losing my direction, my map and my mind.

i will not recollect on what had happened between my arrival in KL just in time for my Pre-Graduation Dinner and on the flight to Kuching with my sister on Saturday. i have said enough and made a number of people sick of me as well as themselves. these may not amuse the ass out of some intelligent and successful individuals i know like the back of my hand but who better know myself than myself, no?

speaking of changes, these were what i had seen:


on my way home from the airport on Saturday...

1. 4 Points Sheraton - completed. will make time to go see it one of these days.
2. Kamdar should build a bigger complex to house its overflowing goods.

my "observation" when i visited The Spring that night...

1. Kuching has MAC!
2. MPH has changed its layout.

what i did on Sunday...

1. got a haircut. my head felt LIGHT again.
2. went out to dine with Azreen and Ivan. met Zack and Weena, Mac, and Ivan's friend - Wilson with his partner Alvina. seeing familiar faces was great, but it's never wrong to get to know new people too.

i stayed at home on Maulidur Rasul...trying my best to laze around.

Tuesday was really a great exercise for my eyes...

1. Sarawak Plaza has new floor tiles on every single floor. bigger, shinier and made the shopping complex look like a shopping complex.
2. visited Tun Jugah. i always thought both G2000 and Vincci had opened their second stores at The Spring but they actually RELOCATED to The Spring!
3. new hotels and lodges are everywhere! no more Holiday Inn Kuching but Grand Margherita now. and Riverside Majestic is back!
3. went to Star Cineplex to see Watchmen. since the cinema is owned by "Sayang, You Can Dance" director's family...not even a SINGLE poster or promo item from other movies shown there were in sight. frankly, it's too syok sendiri but to hell with it...Shah Abg. Halil isn't Bjarne Wong.
4. i couldn't believe my eyes seeing Jeff, Zack and Gette coming out from the theatre. yup, they had watched "Sayang...". Jeff said it was "funny" but Zack and Gette disagreed. it was worth paying for the ticket, they enthused. FYI, Jeff dapat ticket free while Zack and Gette had media passes. would i watch it? only for Samuel Rizal.
5. Nasri is now studying in Singapore. i have no idea what he's pursuing.
6. One of the city's (self-proclaimed) young socialite by the name of AA whom i prefer to ignore looked like he's far from all the qualities to be fashionably artsy+bohemian+chic+decadent+elegant+fabulous+gorgeous+hot+impeccable+justified+kitsch+luxurious+magnanimous+nice+opulent+personified+queer+radiant+sexy+trim+unique+vogue+witty+(e)xtravagant+yummy+zesty. he's getting BIGGER (like a barrel the size of a huge Chinese drum full of lard from the 12th sign of the Chinese horoscope) whenever i see him. wear whatever you want for you won't look good even in your burial shroud. film student, eh? more like you've swallowed your lecturers whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment